Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Page Five


(Revised from Image Text)
Finally, the long haul through the suffocating cavern draws to an end, and they welcome the sight of a blurry, bright light at the zenith of the path. The savory air of the canyon could finally be indulged as they ascend into the windy atmosphere of the cavern’s ledge. The exhausting walk had been perilous and Nelet worries over his master’s well being. He asks,
    “Master, are you not tired?  I would be happy to burden the child upon myself for a while if you’d like.“  Yet, Niseka politely refuses the offer.
    “That is not necessary, my dear Nelet. It is nothing for me to carry him, and I will continue on as such.” That is also when Nelet thought it apropos to mention the fear he’d experience the entire journey back and confides to his master,
    “Pardon my presumptuousness, Master, but I am finding it hard to contain my distress in regard to my master’s efforts.” Niseka comforts him and says,
    “ No need to be so reticent, Nelet. Speak confidently and tell me your troubles.” Nelet bows and speaks.
    “A final admonishment, Master. We cannot turn back now. The risk is great if we are discovered. Are you sure you want to try the patience of Gwenliba and his legion? Return the boy to his resting place, now, if you have any doubts. Yet, if your will has not changed, and my words do not sway you, neither shall I falter. I will do all as you command as your faithful servant and friend.”  This moves Niseka greatly, and he replies,
    “Nelet, my companion, your directness and devotion are to be envied. Those are exemplary recommendations, but you know better than anybody else that I have not and will not change my mind. Why do you quiver so, Nelet? Do you dread Gwenliba and his self-righteous lackeys? He may be burdensome, unwavering, and blinded by his bloated status in issaria, but he’s an imperfect being like anybody else. Everything will continue as planned, be certain of that. Now, we have a long journey until the portal and we must arrive there before dusk.” Nelet bows, feeling comforted by his master’s reassuring words. They continue again at a swift pace through the mountainous passages. Dusk was rising beyond the peeks of the mountains, causing the once proud stone formations to melt into the dense shadows cast by craggy ridges.  With only a speck of light left in the sky, they arrive at the temporary portal in time.  The gateway, camouflaged in the landscape, ripples as it detects the issars approaching. On the opposite side of the portal lay the realm, Detenstagem, where Niseka has ruled for nearly 3000 years. They enter a glass, lotus-shaped, hovercraft, which has doors that enclose its occupants like a flower closing it petals for the night. With a glorious billowing of foamy vapors, they proceed into the ephemeral passage, faster than a bat of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment